Imagine yourself relaxingly sitting at the bank of a beautiful lake holding a fishing pole. Soothing breeze is blowing touching your cheek gently. You are listening to your favorite songs. From time to time you are feeling the joy and excitement of catching a fish! Doesn’t it feel awesome!
Fishing as a hobby can give you all of this. You can spend blissful moments on the lap of nature. You can go fishing with your near and dear ones. You spend joyful times here. Moreover, it makes you relaxed and patient. You return home with fresh delicious fishes as well!
However, when you are considering fishing as a leisure time activity, you have to learn to line a fishing pole first. The good news is the process is easy. Here we are breaking down the whole process in some easy to follow steps. Don’t worry if you are a newbie or you are alien to a fishing pool. Our step by step guideline on how to line a fishing pole for dummies will lead you to the easiest and accurate way to complete the process. Let’s get started!
Fishing pole setup for the beginners
A fishing pool is a simple equipment. It’s effortless to set up as well. But if you are a newbie in this track ou need a little train up. Otherwise, you have to fall in hassles also embarrass yourselves now and then due to lack of proper knowledge. So it’s wise to invest little time in learning how to line a fishing pole for dummies.
Know your pool
This simple equipment has the following parts.
- Fishing rod: it is the main body of the pool. Most of the rods come in pieces that you have to put together.
- Fishing hook: it is also known as baits or lures. It goes underwater and traps the fishes.
- Fishing reel: it contains a spool where the line is rolled. It has a handle. Bt rotating it you can release the line. A reel stays fastened to the line.
- Fishing line: it is a ling thread of stars rolled n the reel. It goes underwater carrying the lure to the fishes.
- Weights: they are optional to use. They dive the bait deep. You have to use them if you want to catch fish in deep water.
How to set up a fishing rod for lake fishing
The first thing you have to do is assembling the rod. It may have a telescopic design(stretchable by pulling. Or it may come in pieces.
- Your one is divided into pieces? You need to join them together. For that find out the base part of the rod first. It can be easily identified with a grip on it. Then find the piece attaches to it. You can fix it easily. Join the other parts following the same method.
- If your one is telescopic, pull it out then.
- Make sure the rings of your rod are perfectly aligned.
Lock the reel seat to the rod
Now you have to fix the real seat to the rod.
- There is a reel sit at the base of the rod. Also, you can see a foot of the reel which will be attached to the rod. You have to affix the reel foot to the reel rod.
- There are different locking systems in various poles like up locking, down locking, and cork and reel. All of them are very easy to lock. Just observe closely the reel sit and foot. You can easily understand how to fix them. Set the reel face towards the tip of the rod.
- Avoid over-tightening. It may harm the rod.
How to set up a fishing line
Properly setting the line the most important part of the whole process. Though it is not a highly intricated process, you have to pay attention while doing it. The whole process includes rolling the line in the reel and passing the line through the rings. The process below includes the best way to put a new line on a fishing reel. There is some awareness one has to have while doing it. They are pointed out in the tutorial. Concentrate on them, please.
How to set up a fishing line on a Penn reel
- Grab the loose end of the line. Go to the top of the rod. The first ring is situated behind the ring tip. Pass the line end through the ring. Then thread the following rings one by one. Continue the process till you have done with the last ring placed near to the reel.
- Most of the reels available in the market are open-faced reel. It has a bale over it. A bail is a curved steel shape over the reel. You have to move the bail in the opposite direction by gently pushing it.
- Now look for a cylindrical shaped spinning part of the reel. Tie the line to that part. You can use any knot as long as the hold is strong.
The reel should be rotating in the right direction
- Notice the direction your reel is moving. It should be rotating anticlockwise. The thread would come out towards the top of the pole then. When your one is turning in this direction, it’s perfect.
- Your reel is moving in the opposite direction? No worries! Simply flip the spool. Your reel is all set now.
How to set up a fishing reel
- Slowly rotate the handle of the reel. It will make the line rolled on the reel. Keep moving the handle till you have filled the spool sufficiently.
- Note that you should not cover the whole spool with the line. It may make the line derailed from the reel. Leave empty spaces- around ⅛ of an inch on both edges of the reel.
- On the other side sever the thread ⅔ inch away from the tip of the pool.
How to put a hook on a fishing rod
- Enter the loose corner of the line into the eye of the hook. Hold both sides of the line with one hand. Then rotate the hook 5 or 6 times with the other hand. Now you can see a small gap that has been created between the hook and the twist you have created. Pass the loose end through it. Pull the two ends of the line strongly to make a strong kno
- Sever the extra thread hanging from the knot.leaving 4 or 5 cm excess line.
- Thumbs up! you have nailed it!
Using the right lure is important
- The color of a lure plays a vital role in catching fishes. You have to pick different colors to attract the attention of fishes depending on the intensity of sunlight.
- Silver lure rocks on a balmy day. Silver shines brightly underwater which allures fishes highly.
- The golden color is the ultimate killer on a gloomy day. This is a superior light reflector. It pulls fishes like a magnet.
There are various kinds of lures to prey different fishes. Consider the nature of water while selecting a lure as well.
- The gigs are designed to catch fish in clear water. It is distinctive for its shiny metal head and hanging feather. For that, they are highly vivid in freshwater. So use it in freshwater.
- The spoons wave its rubber tail like an eloping prey. It instigates the hunting instinct of the predator fishes. Use it for getting the big boys.
- Fishing in a spot where getting fish is challenging? A spinner will make sure that you don’t return empty-handed. Its metal body rotates in water which excites the fishes successfully. Moreover, it’s an all-rounder that can be used for many purposes.
- In unclear water, fishes can’t see a lure. So you have to use one which moves to get their attention. A spinner or a spoon can be a perfect choice for that.
- Contrastly using them in the freshwater has the opposite result. They seem heavy cital and powerful there. It terrifies the fishes. Saso uses a static colorful hook in clean water.
How to set up a fishing pole with a bobber
A bobber is a highly helpful tool. It is a light object made with low weight materials. It floats on the water when the lure is catching fish underwater. As it is super light. It moves up and down when a dupe bits the bait. Through it, one immediately understands when a fish is trapped. It is crucially important to get notified when a fish is got stuck. Otherwise, you cant pul the prey at the right moment. It may cause losing prey.
Slit Bobbers are very popular bobbers. Here we teach you how to use them. You need:
- a knot
- a bead
- and bobber.
Follow the steps-
- First, thread knot onto landslide knot off the tube and tighten.
- Then thread bead into line.
- Thread bobber onto line next.
- Finally, tie the lure.
- A bobber is placed over the lure in the line.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you put on the fishing line?
We need to add some necessary equipment to the fishing line. They are a lure, a weight, a bobber. The lure is a bait that catches the fish.
Using the right lure is an important skill. Picking a correct lure in a certain situation increases the chance of catching fish dramatically. We have added a complete guide to it in the article. It will be superb if you utilize the knowledge wisely.
Do you want to dive the lure deep inside the water? Use one or a few weights. The deeper you want to go, the more weight you need to put. There are various types of weights. You can choose anyone you like.
A bobber is also useful. It tells you when a fish is caught.
How do you set up a fishing line for beginners?
Setting up the fishing line is simple. We have already broken down the whole process in some easy to follow steps. Follow the instructions part by part. You can successfully do it even if you have never done it before.
Where does the sinker go on a fishing line?
It depends on the type of sinkers you are using. Different sinkers go to different places.
Solitshots: people generally use two or three of them together. Put them two or three inches above from the tip of the hook. Press them for tightening them.
Sliding: they can be attached over the leader with shovels.
There are many more. Ask the sellers before buying where to pt them.
How many lines should be on a fishing reel?
There is no certain recommendable quantity of line you must need. If you want to catch fish in the deep water, you need many lines.
But while reeling spool maintains the gap we have suggested before. Keep ⅛ of an inch of space on both sides of the spool.
How many lines should on a bait caster?
Read the answer to the previous question. Hore you will get the answer.
Do you use a sinker with a bobber?
Using a bobber is highly effective. It notifies you immediately when a fish has eaten the bait. It is very light and floats on th water. When a fish bites the bait it goes up and down in the water. Therefore you understand rapidly that prey is stuck in a pole.
Therefore we strongly recommend you to use a bobber if possible.
If you have followed the tutorial accurately you might have set your pole completely. Now its time to head towards the nearest lake hanging your pole on the shoulder! Nevertheless, if you have further queries on how to line a fishing pole for dummies, check out our FAQ section. Reading that section will also provide you with some necessary information which you might need in the future.